Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pete7291
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Coins : 0

PostSubject: Where's DiD ??   Fri Jun 29 2012, 04:41

Hi guys anyone here??
just wondering what's happened to TA I've tried messaging DiD through twitter but no reply I hope all is okay with him.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Coins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Fri Jun 29 2012, 15:04

Hi Pete and TA friends,

Unfortunately we do not know the status of DiD. We all hope that nothing is wrong with our friend but all efforts to contact him so far have not been successful. I usually get a response from him within a day but nothing...just worried really.

The last time I saw that TA was active was last Sunday. Since then I have contacted the hosting company and they have informed me that the website is still there but that the domain doesn't exist. What that means exactly is not entirely clear to me.

Queenie has left a voice message to a telephone number that belongs to DiD but no response as of yet. I believe all of us have in one way tried to reach him. We all are just hoping for good news regarding him and his family.

If any of you have any information or news please share it with us here so that we can find out what is going on. In the mean time, I would suggest that all themes on NDSthemes about Theme Asylum be deleted so as to not confuse and aggravate members trying to reach the site. They can always be re-uploaded at a later time. The same thing in the NDSthemes forum is recommended. The advertising seems to have gone sideways and has caused grief instead of positive news that there is a new site.

If you have any ideas of how to perhaps contact a member of his family or get news from his part of the world no matter how far fetched please feel free to share.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Sat Jun 30 2012, 00:29

Thanks Rev I think between you and weenie,Gabby and ggirl you've covered all bases so far perhaps if you direct the others here so we can brainstorm ideas?

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Sat Jun 30 2012, 00:49

well I also emailed some ppl with the same surname. I think I might have gotten a facebook page, but the person DiD not look like DiD so I'm confused. Anyway here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/dirk.drijkoningen
and I found another phone number for somebody with the same name but in Maasmechelen. maybe a reltaive? check here: http://tel.opendi.be/maasmechelen/1554586.html
I think all we can do is wait now. Maybe, should DiD have been called away unexpectedly he'll have time to contact us or his family this weekend. I hope everything is ok. I don't know what this domain thing means. Stumped really. Just gonna go and delete my theme.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Coins : 1

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Sat Jun 30 2012, 00:57

Like everyone else I'm really worried Sad Been trying to come up with ideas all week with revo and Weenie. Lets hope he is back with us soon.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Sat Jun 30 2012, 01:06

before I go. I found this: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080111074040AALek7o it's not the payment thing as I think we paid for a year. So it could be that DiD went away and we got a virus problem and he doesn't know. Fingers crossed that that is it.

New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Sat Jun 30 2012, 02:12

I think I know were DiD is.
I think he's on vacation and he has not wifi there.
I've looked on Twitter for him but I can't find him.
I think he doens't have a facebook but theme asylum is on twitter too right?
wel I follow Theme Asylum now but Who's the leader of the twitter account?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Revo2
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Sat Jun 30 2012, 04:52

This is the main "sideways" thread that I'm talking about:

http://www.ndsthemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=60598#p60598

This thread on NDSthemes has gone off the rails for no good reason and I can actually see the accident unfolding one post after another. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Forcing something, anything onto someone else is going to cause exactly the last post from the offended person.

Amy please stop arguing with that person and just delete any post that puts TA in a bad light. Please do not force people to join. Right now there is no site to go to anyway. That's the reality at present and should TA come back online I hope that we don't have a repeat of this embarrassing way to promote.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Sat Jun 30 2012, 21:05

You are right revo, we should not have answered that strawberry back. It's not professional. I will remove all my comments, as there is no site to go to right now. And I won't post on NDST again.

In defence of Amy, ggirl and I, we were friendly to the NDSThemers and only answered back when they were rude to start with. There is no need for them being rude in the first place and we are gonna defend our site and it's look.

Right, off to delete my post.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Sun Jul 01 2012, 20:35

I have an idea. Revo, do you have an address to go with that phone number? Maybe we could write a letter. That way we can use google to translate or if Amy is kind enough maybe he can translate for us?

New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Mon Jul 02 2012, 02:11

I'm sorry Revo I will delete every post I placed on NDSthemes.
And queenie, I'll love to help with Translate Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy Rose
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Mon Jul 02 2012, 02:29

Hmmm.... I wanna hurt that strawberry. Well I gues he's mean right?

anyway just say to me what i have to translate and I'll translate it for you Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggirl
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Coins : 1

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Mon Jul 02 2012, 04:37

Brilliant Amy, your translation will help no end if we do send a letter Very Happy

I have been in touch with Nds and asked him if he has got any other details for DiD, after the conversation I had with him last week he might get back to me with something? Worth a try Smile

The only other thing I can think is that DiD is in the army, is there any possibility we could sorta contact them to contact him?? My ex husband was in the Royal Navy and there was always a way to get contact, maybe not right to them but, for the information to be passed on to them somehow? A long shot I suppose, and I'm not sure of the name of the army he would be in.....do you know the name Amy?

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Mon Jul 02 2012, 05:54

before we carried away here I suggest we wait a bit longer because if he's on holiday ( vacation ) then we should give him at least a fortnight in total before we start contacting his employers...
I strongly believe that as suggested before he might be away and not have any knowledge of the site being down..

well that's what I think anyway. Shocked

Oh and thanks to Gabby for keeping his site open so we can return here in emergencies such as this.. What a Face

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Mon Jul 02 2012, 12:43

Gang, I have the contact address for DiD. I think we should wait the two weeks that Pete is suggesting to send off a letter. I sincerely hope we hear from our friend in that time. As of right now, it will have been one week (seven days exactly) since TA was down and since my last contact with DiD.

By chance was any note left on the admin board about anything regarding a trip or vacation? He usually says when he will leave and when he returns to the gang, but nothing I remember this time. Crying or Very sad

Let's keep the light on in the meantime and if you guys and gals really want the address before hand I won't mind giving it to you. I would also suggest that whoever sends the letter send a return envelope as well just to make it easier to get the reply back by snail mail or preferably write a response via email to any of us.

Be well in the meantime gang.

EDIT: I just got this message regarding NDSthemes:

2009/03 - March - Artist of the month: DiD - NDSthemes - Nintendo ...
www.ndsthemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5241
This site may harm your computer.
21 posts - 13 authors - Mar 12, 2009
Dirk Drijkoningen. My last name means something like "Three kings". Birthday: December 31, in the year very long ago. I can't even remember ...

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Mon Jul 02 2012, 22:46

First of all: thanks Amy for taking the posts off and that you are willing to translate.

I agree with pete, we should wait a fortnight. So that will be next sunday. DiD might be on holiday. I've we've heard nothing by monday we'll get the address off revo and send a letter.

What is all this virus stuff on NDST about?

New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Tue Jul 03 2012, 02:17

@Ggirl, I'm sorry I don't know the name of the army and I can't find it anywhere.

I've checked my mail and found an E-mail of DiD. Looks like he said something to me on Theme Aslyum.
But after that E-mail he was gone. I truly think he's one vacation and I think he's back in one week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
queenieweenie78
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Tue Jul 03 2012, 19:40

I think that after your post about your theme not working. DiD said that he was making some changes to the site to make it easier for the admins. That's the last thing I heard from DiD.

And ggirl then found a chache shot of our site and it shows it on the day it shut down and DiD was the only one online. How very odd. Maybe he made some changes, tested it, it worked, left us a message about being off in revo's away from the keyboard section, and then left, then the site stopped working, crashed. Maybe something wrong with the code and DiD doesn't even know. I pray to God that's what it is. Sad

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Wed Jul 04 2012, 03:55

Found a land line telephone number for DiD. It's in the phone book, does anyone want to try to call? Please send me an email or PM if you would like to try. Maybe Amy can or Voltage, I believe he speaks Dutch? It's the last solid piece of info we have so far.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Wed Jul 04 2012, 05:40

it's not the same I posted in the link above is it?

I don't suppose there is any point in me, ggirl or Gabby phoning as we don't speak a word of Flemmish. Has anybody ever heard DiDs voice at all? Revo would you recognize him if you heard his voice?

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Wed Jul 04 2012, 07:49

The number I have is tied to the residence and is not the same as the one posted in the link.

I personally have never had a verbal conversation with DiD so I wouldn't know what he sounded like. All of our communication to date has been online. silent

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Wed Jul 04 2012, 19:59

yeah same here. Well we need to ask somebody nicely if they'll phone. I'm not sure Amy is allowed as it will most properly be his parents phone. But I'll ask him nevertheless.

New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Wed Jul 04 2012, 23:47

I'm sorry but I can't call DiD but I still can sms him right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
queenieweenie78
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Wed Jul 04 2012, 23:50

no worries, I didn't expect you were able to. Thanks for asking though. It's a landline number I think, so you can't sms, but you could still translate a script for us if we write something, yeah?

New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   Wed Jul 04 2012, 23:58

Of course I will help you with translate but are you sure you can't send a sms?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where's DiD ??   

Back to top Go down

Where's DiD ??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nintendo Gaming Mania :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: