So, anyone else thinks Windows 8 sucks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

Coins: 2

PostSubject: So, anyone else thinks Windows 8 sucks?   Thu Sep 15 2011, 05:26

Okay, I'll be the first hater around. Topic: Windows 8. Like you saw (or didn't saw), Windows 8 was shown a TGS. So, the rumors before, with it looking like a tablet are confirmed. So, now, here's my rant. I hate it. I just hate it. Why? Well, here are my reasons:

1) First off, no monitor is touch-screen enabled, no matter how big and expensive it is. And it's not worth buying a touchpad just cause Microsoft says so. And yeah, I know it's not mandatory to have it work using touch-screen, but it's based on that.

2) It's a TABLET OS. Or so it looks. Seriously, Microsoft, at the very least, change the freaking name. Namit, TabletOS, PotatOS, hell, even GladOS, but now Windows! Why? Simple enough, it has no windows. It's simply a App-based OS, like those you find on your iPhone, just at a larger scale.

3) Right, XBox Live... paying 400$ to get the license is not enough for you, is it Microsoft, now you want us to pay for XBox live too? Genius idea, seriously. Too bad it sucks.

4) I'm lost here, to tell you the truth... does the mouse even work on this thing? How about the keyboard? Those are questions normal customers would ask, and you, Microsoft, failed to provide a simple and perfect explanation.

5) Games... Why do I have the feeling that, in the next 4 years, PC games would turn from pure awesomeness to pure boredom just cause Windows 8 is a tablet os? I so hope I'm wrong, but...

6) And Apps... Why do I have the feeling that MicroSoft actually wants to control what you install (read that Emulators don't work already). I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a hidden feature that would automatically record waht you do during the day and sent it to M$. So, no more privacy allowed, not even on your own pc...

I think that's all for now, with my brain going in stand-by mode. I'll find more things to hate this one for later. That's it for now. Right now, Vista is a god compared to 8.

Gabby out!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So, anyone else thinks Windows 8 sucks?   Fri Sep 16 2011, 03:25

A while ago I've seen a couple of demonstration video's.

In these they told the audience you can switch back from tablet mode to windows mode. Sort of like we can switch from XP look to Windows 98 look.
Also I believe it was said that Windows 8 is build on Seven but with a different GUI (the tablet look) that supports touch screens.

Guess we'll have to wait until a beta get's in the hands of the wiz kids and they tell us what's going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://users.telenet.be/DiDDesign/
Revo2
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Coins: 3

PostSubject: Re: So, anyone else thinks Windows 8 sucks?   Sat Sep 17 2011, 04:42

Don't worry Gabby, the new OS is going to be backwards compatible and will be able to utilize mouse and keyboard as usual. Thinking about the evolution of PC's though it seems to be a natural progression to lose the mouse eventually because of touch screen tech...but I'll always be attached to some type of tactile keyboard. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92QfWOw88I

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So, anyone else thinks Windows 8 sucks?   Sat Sep 17 2011, 14:44

@revo: Well, it's not like I'm gonna use it anyway. To tell you the truth, I'm still using good ol' Windows XP. I'm too attached to this system to actually let it go.

As for the lose of mouse... That's a scary thought. I still have no idea how some gamers can play shooters without mouse (aka, using a gamepad; I die after the first 2 seconds, while with the mouse I don't die once), so, with touchscreen, it sounds even worse (exception: The DS shooters, which were highly enjoyable, even though I have big hands and they were blocking the upper screen a bit).

So, anyone else thinks Windows 8 sucks?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nintendo Gaming Mania ::  :: -