Okay, I'll be the first hater around. Topic: Windows 8. Like you saw (or didn't saw), Windows 8 was shown a TGS. So, the rumors before, with it looking like a tablet are confirmed. So, now, here's my rant. I hate it. I just hate it. Why? Well, here are my reasons:
1) First off, no monitor is touch-screen enabled, no matter how big and expensive it is. And it's not worth buying a touchpad just cause Microsoft says so. And yeah, I know it's not mandatory to have it work using touch-screen, but it's based on that.
2) It's a TABLET OS. Or so it looks. Seriously, Microsoft, at the very least, change the freaking name. Namit, TabletOS, PotatOS, hell, even GladOS, but now Windows! Why? Simple enough, it has no windows. It's simply a App-based OS, like those you find on your iPhone, just at a larger scale.
3) Right, XBox Live... paying 400$ to get the license is not enough for you, is it Microsoft, now you want us to pay for XBox live too? Genius idea, seriously. Too bad it sucks.
4) I'm lost here, to tell you the truth... does the mouse even work on this thing? How about the keyboard? Those are questions normal customers would ask, and you, Microsoft, failed to provide a simple and perfect explanation.
5) Games... Why do I have the feeling that, in the next 4 years, PC games would turn from pure awesomeness to pure boredom just cause Windows 8 is a tablet os? I so hope I'm wrong, but...
6) And Apps... Why do I have the feeling that MicroSoft actually wants to control what you install (read that Emulators don't work already). I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a hidden feature that would automatically record waht you do during the day and sent it to M$. So, no more privacy allowed, not even on your own pc...
I think that's all for now, with my brain going in stand-by mode. I'll find more things to hate this one for later. That's it for now. Right now, Vista is a god compared to 8.