Share | 

Looking Forward: Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Defenders of the Core

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

Coins : 2

PostSubject: Looking Forward: Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Defenders of the Core   Tue Sep 07 2010, 03:05

So, another looking forward. This time, about Defenders of the Core. So, last year Bakugan: Battle Brawlers - The Video Game was released. It was a success, hitting with a brand-new story with the anime characters, and 3 game-only characters, Marduk, Vladiator and Leonidas. I, for one, have enjoyed the game on the DS. And, although I played the PS2 version too, I still consider the DS version the better one. Well, anyway, let's talk about the franchise. Bakugan, in the real life is a game where players try to place their Bakugans on some magnetic cards, and then, using some ability cards, they power up the Bakugan and the Bakugan with the highest G-power wins. That's for real. The anime is other story. In the anime, the little Bakugan marbles turn intu huge monsters from a alternate dimension called Vestroia. The main characters don't fight only for fun, but for the fate of Earth and Vestroia. Well, that's in the first series. But, I should leave the anime alone and talk about the game!

Bakugan: Defenders of the Core

It's the 2nd Bakugan game (3rd if you count Battle Trainer, which is only for the DS, and has nothing to do with the first game) to be released. It'll be for Nindendo DS, Wii, PS3, PSP, and X-Box 360. Like the last game, you make up your own character and try to save the world, this time from Spectra and King Zenehold's domination. But, unlike the last game, the characters can actually walk like in a RPG. And again, unlike the last game, the battle system has been highly modified.

Battle System

As I said, the battle system has been highly modified. In the last game, you controlled the player, choosing the ability cards you want to play and then playing some mini-games to rise your Bakugan's G-Power. That made the game really easy. In Defenders of the Core, well, it's another story. Instead of controlling the player during the battles, you control your Bakugan in a Godzilla Unleashed-like battle to the finish. I'll be guessing the mini-games are gone, but without any other information, I can only guess. Here's a video of that:

RPG System

Hm, not sure if it's an RPG or something, but take a look for yourself:

Last Words

I like what they implemented in this game, so I can't wait to put my hands on it. I'd like to see Leonidas in it too, and I wouldn't mind seeing Vladiator either. But, it's up to the developers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nintendogamingmania.forumotion.com

Looking Forward: Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Defenders of the Core
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nintendo Gaming Mania :: Nintendo Area :: Nintendo DS-
Jump to: