AuthorMessage
queenieweenie78
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Coins : 0

PostSubject: The Formula 1 Thread   Wed Aug 24 2011, 17:27

Gabbynaruto wrote:
Yeah, can't wait to see F1 again myself. I'm really hyped right now Very Happy

I can imagine Very Happy And Spa is one of the best tracks. Lot's of action. I can't wait. It was a long break, 3 weeks, but even longer for you. Well done for getting it back Very Happy Who's gonna win, what do you think? All my money is on Seb, Ron seems to think it'll be Lewis this year Very Happy

Last edited by Gabbynaruto on Wed Aug 24 2011, 17:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Split thread... We were going way off-topic.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

Coins : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Wed Aug 24 2011, 17:59

queenieweenie78 wrote:
Gabbynaruto wrote:
Yeah, can't wait to see F1 again myself. I'm really hyped right now Very Happy

I can imagine Very Happy And Spa is one of the best tracks. Lot's of action. I can't wait. It was a long break, 3 weeks, but even longer for you. Well done for getting it back Very Happy Who's gonna win, what do you think? All my money is on Seb, Ron seems to think it'll be Lewis this year Very Happy

Yeah, I'll go for Seb too Very Happy Can't wait! Very Happy

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Wed Aug 24 2011, 18:01

Lol, you moved us into an F1 thread Very Happy Do you do that by using one of those buttons on the bottom left?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Wed Aug 24 2011, 18:06

queenieweenie78 wrote:
Lol, you moved us into an F1 thread Very Happy Do you do that by using one of those buttons on the bottom left?

It's a bit complicated. Want me to make you a tutorial?

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Wed Aug 24 2011, 18:09

yes if you don't mind and have the time, please. I'm always happy to learn Smile

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sat Aug 27 2011, 22:16

hey Gabby, did you see that? Maldenardo deliberately bumping into Lewis twice? What a cheek. And Alonso being slower than Senna? What is going on, lol Very Happy Well done Seb yet again, Lewis nearly got him, but at the last moment he pulled a magic lap out of the bag again. Nigel Mansell will be steward for this weekend, let's see if he's gonna punish Maldenardo properly or if he'll punish Lewis instead as he usually does.

Gonna be an exciting race though, Spa is always good Smile I actually drove on part of the track near Liege on our way to Herve Very Happy

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sat Aug 27 2011, 22:25

Yeah, saw it. Crazyness. Wet races are always amazing. And it's still raining at Spa (watching the GP2 race right now, still at Spa, and it rains as hell). And hell, it was a amazing qualify session. Must watch the replay tomorrow though. Missed Q1. But still, what I saw was amazing. That Mansell - Lewis fight was... erm, a cool thing to see in a qualify session. Wanna see what the stewards decide though. Hope they'll be fair.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sat Aug 27 2011, 23:56

yeah me too. I totally forgot to mention, if you missed Q1 you'll be wondering why you never saw Schumi. It was his 20 anniversary today. He went out to do his first lap and a wheel came off spinning him into a wall. We don't know yet why the wheel came off. It just came off on it's own accord. Either somebody didn't put it on properly or something snapped, but I think it's probably human error. How frustrating for Schumi, you can't even set a lap on your anniversary cause some idiot didn't put the wheel on properly. Now he'll have to start last, and I was so hoping to see him on the podium and in Spa he'd have had a great chance, especially in that weather Very Happy

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 00:03

Never say never. I remember that, in his last F1 season (with Ferrari) he started last at Monaco, yet he finished 4th. That's a feat. And if it rains at Spa tomorrow, I'm sure he'll do a great result and amaze everyone.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 00:28

yeah you are right Very Happy But it would have been nice to not start last. I'd be so annoyed. Can't wait to find out why that wheel came off and if Maldenardo is gonna get banned from the race. I think that would be a good punishment. No doubt he'll end up giving Lewis a five grid slot drop. Lol Very Happy

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 04:26

Here come the good news Weenie:

Quote :
Williams’ Pastor Maldonado has been dropped five places on the Spa grid as a penalty after clashing with McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton during qualifying for Sunday’s Belgium race. Maldonado, who had qualified in 16th, will now start the race from 21st.

Hamilton and the Venezuelan banged wheels towards the end of Q2. The Briton, pushing to complete his final flying lap of the session, initially made slight contact with the Williams. But moments later Maldonado appeared to veer to the left into the McLaren on the exit to La Source.

As a result of Maldonado’s penalty, Lotus’s Heikki Kovalainen, Force India’s Paul di Resta, Lotus’s Jarno Trulli, Virgin team mates Timo Glock and Jerome D’Ambrosio will all move up a place on the grid. Hamilton, meanwhile, was given a reprimand for his involvement in the incident.

Source

What can I say, fair and square. He deserved it!

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 05:35

yeah, he did deserve it, it is fair, but why reprimand Lewis? Oh darn it, everything is so pc today. You can't say or do anything anymore around here. Rolling Eyes

But at least he got what he deserved, well done the stewards. Mind you there are four of them, wonder who voted for what.

Any news about why Schumis wheel came off?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 05:57

Well, guess Lewis got reprimand for pushing his way to the pole through that guy. He got out easily, he could've been given a penalty too, so, we should be glad that he only got a reprimand.

Here's what Ross Brawn said about Schumi's incident:

Quote :
Naturally, I am on the other hand disappointed for Michael, because the conditions would have suited him perfectly. We need to look at exactly what happened, but it would appear there was something amiss with the right rear wheel attachment, and we need to go through it carefully tonight to ensure there can be no repeat.

So, not even they know what happened...

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 17:45

yeah, I saw that bit too. But Lewis was on a flying lap, he had to get through 3 slow cars, they all let him go except Maldonardo, who Lewis had to overtake, and even then Maldonardo twitched towards him, to put him off but Lewis got through. Then Maldonardo did it again later on. Our commentators think that Maldonardo is still annoyed when Lewis hit him and put him in the wall in Monaco. Ok, it was Lewises fault, he misjudged an overtake. But to hold a grudge that long and let it come out on the race track is bad sportsmanship.

But I'm really glad that Alonso is behind Senna. And Massa outqualified him. Brilliant Very Happy

I can't wait to hear why Schumis wheel came off. I can't believe they don't know why yet? If it snapped you could see where it sheered off. Or you could find a stress point in the metal. If they can't see anything it must be that the nut was not properly put on. Did they say that their nut is attached to the wheel for easier handling? Well it's not worked, lol Very Happy

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 18:15

(Dunno what happened at Monaco) But still, like you said, it's not a good sportsmanship.

Hey, last year, I thought Senna sucked really badly, compared to his uncle (or what Ayrton was to him). Now that he's at Renault, I see why he's a Senna. Alonso should be careful, Senna will really kick his ass. Just, I hope that Senna will drive for the entire season, but rumor goes that Romain Grosjhan (the new GP2 champion) will be driving at Renault from the next race. Still, if Senna proves himself today, I'm sure he won't be replaced so quickly.

I think that the wheel that came off didn't had it's screws tightened well. Someone must've bribed the guy who tightened the screws to lessen them cause they were afraid of Schumi (Ferrari comes in mind... They know what Schumi can do in rain best) Laugh

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 18:27

yeah I heard that aswell. I think it's great he got that far up, cause I was beginning to think he's useless. Hey, did the chuck Heidfeld out? Was he not driving in Sennas place?

Lol, with Ferrari nothing would surprise me anymore, lol Very Happy But they would have no need to do it. In that skip he's not threat. I'd like to see him in one of the top cars so we could really compare him to others and Senna too. We could see who is good and who is lucky to drive a good car. I'd love to see something along those lines. There would be a few people I'd like to test Very Happy

Webber got another year contract. It annoyed me at first, but then I thought, usually it's 3 years. So he must be thinking of retiring the year after next hopefully. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 18:41

Um, Heidfield was fired before the start of P1 at Spa, that's why Senna is driving. Renault said that they fired him because he didn't prove himself (though I kinda doubt since he had better results than Petrov).

Well, since Schumi was a Ferrari driver once, they know what he can do, especially on rain. So, they could've been afraid and do what I said to stop him from actually showing what he can do. Alonso would lose points if Schumi would kick his ass in rain. So, they couldn't risk it. But, just what I think. If it's true though, I think Ferrari should be banned. Or at least Alonso.

Webber keeps on dreaming after his 2 poles in Germany and UK. Maybe he thinks he can beat Seb next year. Well, he can keep on dreaming, not gonna happen.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 18:45

I hope it won't happen, that is one guy I don't like. And the same with Alonso, the amount of cheating he's gotten away with, I'm amazed.

Yeah, not sure why they let Heidfeld go, ok he was not always brilliant, but a pretty reliable driver. Maybe the new GP2 guy will be amazing to watch, who knows, we might get to see a new star in the making Very Happy

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 22:26

Wow, what a race Very Happy Full of action as always for Spa. How does it feel to be watching again Gabby? Very Happy

Drivers of the day: both Schumi and Button. Schumi coming from 24th up to 5th is amazing. And Jenson having his wing knocked off, going down to 19th and then coming 3rd. Both amazing drives.

Great that Seb won again, he's just so brilliant. I thing Lewis would have had a chance, had he not had this coming together with Kobayashi, oh well. Racing incident I think. Did you get the impression that Lewis had passed out after the crash for about 10 or 20 seconds? The first impact I think did it, cause he didn't apply the breaks at all before finally coming to rest in the tyres, then he didn't move for a few seconds. I think we had passed out. And that very strange interview they had with him after he gone back to the pits, he sounded not like he usually does and then they asked something and somebody terminated the interview. It was very odd. I hope they check him over, might have concussion.

And did you see on the podium, during the celebrations? Webber just ignoring Seb? No congratulations, he never sprayed him with champagne. Seb and Jenson had a better celebration than with his own team mate. What a sour puss Webber is, really jealous and petty. I'm even more disgusted with him. Hope he quits soon.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 23:35

Whoo, what a race!! Totally what you'd expect from Spa. Amazing. How does it feel to watch again? I feel like... dunno, like my wings are spread wide again. Such a awesome feeling.

Hey, yeah, drivers of the day really are Schumi and Button. And I can say that I liked Kobayashi too. After his incident with Lewis, everybody was kinda scared of him. But, not sure, it wasn't actually his fault in first place, I think. Lewis went on the middle of the road, and the Sauber proved just to be lots faster than the McLaren. Not sure if it's anybody's fault in first place. It just happened.

Hey, funny thing, when I saw Nico flying past Seb today, I thought that the MGP02 drunk lots of Red Bulls Laugh It was strange to see the MGP fly past the RBR so easily, but, guess Nico just tried his luck. And it worked, for a brief number of laps.

Yeah, Webber has a damn shitty attitude. The podium, like you said, was mostly the friendship between Seb and Jason. Not sure if you watched the press conference, but Webber grinned at Seb every time Seb was talking and he was not. He sucks. Period.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 23:38

yeah I was surprised how much speed Nico carried past Seb, shame it didn't last. I thought for a moment something amazing happened Very Happy

Did you see Webbers start again? That's the third time in a few races that he's nearly stalled it. Lol. Must be getting to him Very Happy

yeah you are right, Webbers attitude clearly sucks Very Happy

but yay, we won Very Happy

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 23:42

Probably something happened, but, can't say yet. Let's wait for Monza. If the MGPs will perform as well as today, most certainly, they could be a big danger next season.

Well, with such a start, I think he's lucky he got where he got. Seriously, ever since I watch F1, I've never seen such a bad start coming from a top pilot (ugh... it's so hard to say that).

Yep, we won! We rock! Very Happy

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Sun Aug 28 2011, 23:44

yeah, we'll see if the change is a permanent thing. Just imagine Schumi had not started in 24th but say 10th, how well he would have done. When is Monza, by the way?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Mon Aug 29 2011, 01:26

He probably would've been further ahead, racing Alonso, Webber, or possibly, even Sebastien. I would love to see that duel some time.

Monza is 2 weeks away. Not much of a distance from Belgium to Italy, I guess.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   Mon Aug 29 2011, 06:38

no, lol Very Happy

Yeah, shame Schumis anniversary worked out a bit funny. But then Rubens has never done well at his home grand prix either. It's one of them things. When you most want it it doesn't happen. But there is always another day, another chance. Plus this year seems pretty much over for Schumi anyway. Next year, clean slate. Start again Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: The Formula 1 Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Formula 1 Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nintendo Gaming Mania :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: