Looking forward: Pokemon Generation V

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

Coins : 2

PostSubject: Looking forward: Pokemon Generation V   Tue Sep 07 2010, 02:26

I guess everyone knows that Generation V is on the horizon. 5 years passed until this moment finally showed up. But, is the Generation V as good as many except it to be. Well, we don't quite know many things about it, but I'll use what we know to make it a small preview.

Graphics

Everyone knows that, until Generation IV, the graphics were almost plain 2D. A few modifications were made in the Generation IV games, Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. But that wasn't enough. The 3D was finally felt in HeartGold and SourSilver, which had somehow revolutionary graphics for the Pokemon games. And still, that was not enough for the designers. From the trailers of Black and White, we all see that the graphics have never been better in a Pokemon game. The cities have been redesigned a lot. We won't see the old small buildings from the other generation in the cities of Isshu. Instead, we see skyscrapers, and a lot of people moving around. Also, we will have trains again. We saw them only in Johto. Luckily, we will see them in Isshu too. The Pokemons sprites have been modified too, as we see the Pokemons moving continuously, not just a simple sprite as we had in the other generations. So, guess we all will be looking forward the new graphics, right?

Pokemons

Although we know just about 30 Pokemons so far, I am really disappointed about them. Especially about the starters. So far, every generation has given us nice starters (in order: Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmender and Pikachu in Generation I, Chikorita, Totodile and Cindaquil in Generation II, Treeko, Mudkip and Torchic in Generation III and finally Turtwig, Piplup and Chimchar in Generation IV). Well, I can't say I blame them for the bad designs the pokemons have, after all, the designers could have run out of ideas, inspiration or imagination. Well, to resume, I guess it depends on how you like the new pokemons, but, out of the all we know so far, many are disappointing. Let's hope that the others will be somehow better, but I still doubt that.

Isshu. Simple name, isn't it? Well, the region is not as simple as it's name is. There are many different locations, set on 3 islands. It looks a lot different from what we've seen so far in the four generations. And, from the looks of it, it will be different too, as we have different locations for different games. The locations that differ are White Forest, which is only in Pokemon white, and Black City, only in Pokemon Black. Possibly more to be revealed though. Mostly, Isshu is a place to look forward.

Battle System

The battle system has been modified too. You can now see the whole Pokemon, not only a part as it was in the other generations. Again, as I said, the Pokemons are fully animated too, so that's a good upgrade. Another new feature is the Triple Battle. So, looking forward this too.

Other Features

The newest and possibly most intriguing feature is the possibility to transfer your Pokemons on the internet, in the "Dream World". Not many other things are knows, but let's hope it will have many other new (and hopefully good) features.

Final

Well, if you don't mind the Pokemons and the fact that you must use only Isshu Pokemons until you get the National PokeDex, this generation is still one to look forward.

Last edited by Gabbynaruto on Wed Sep 08 2010, 04:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nintendogamingmania.forumotion.com
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward: Pokemon Generation V   Tue Sep 07 2010, 03:45

Okay, that's a old preview from my IGN blog here, so I may add a new thing. I said I am disappointed about the starters. Well, that disappointment is kinda gone for 2 of them, in case the evolutions are real. So, our 3 starters are: Tsutarja, Mijumaru, and Pokabu. The only starter that actually fascinated me from the beginning was Tsutarja. Now, Mijumaru looks good too. And I think I'll show you why. By showing their evolutionary lines*.
Unevolved First Evolution 2nd Evolution
Tsutarja Janoby ???
Pokabu Chaobu ???
Mijumaru Futachimaru ???

Oh, and, sorry for the images of the evolutions. Cropped them in a hurry from some photos from Bulbapedia. Anyway, which one will you choose? If those evolutions prove to be true, I'll surely go for Tsutarja. So, which one will you choose?
-----------------------
* = The First and Second evolutions are not confirmed. They might be fake. I'll keep you updated!

Last edited by Gabbynaruto on Sun Sep 12 2010, 02:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward: Pokemon Generation V   Wed Sep 08 2010, 04:07

Oh, and, since we're talking about Pokemon the Fifth Generation, how about we make a little challenge? The first user who will finish the Isshu PokeDex WITHOUT cheating, will win the Pokemn Master title, and (possibly), a moderator upgrade too. Anyone up to the challenge? Post here until Black and White are released!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward: Pokemon Generation V   

Back to top Go down

Looking forward: Pokemon Generation V
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nintendo Gaming Mania :: Nintendo Area :: Nintendo DS-
Jump to: