Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
DiD
Admin
Admin

Coins : 2

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Sun Jul 31 2011, 04:07

Laughing themeasylum.com

does that mean we can go nuts in our comments and posts?
A straitjacket in the logo?

I like this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://users.telenet.be/DiDDesign/
Revo2
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Coins : 3

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Sun Jul 31 2011, 05:59

So three votes for themeAsylum.com. Gabby, ggirl? what do you guys think?

Asylum from the real world, asylum from another dying theme site, and a place where we can go "nuts" theme-ing. geek

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Sun Jul 31 2011, 15:22

Eh, guess 2 more votes don't count anymore. Still, I like Theme Asylum too Very Happy

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Coins : 1

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Sun Jul 31 2011, 15:35

gg likes themeasylum too Smile Makes it sound fun and different clown

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Mon Aug 01 2011, 13:16

So awaiting DiD's blessing.... I guess we've arrived at a name for the new site? Smile

THEMEASYLUM.COM Woot! cheers

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Coins : 0

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Mon Aug 01 2011, 19:08

yes, sounds brilliant Very Happy
and we can all stand on podiums with pants on our heads and pencils up our noses and shout "wibble" Very Happy

No, that's not me gone nuts, that's Blackadder Very Happy

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Tue Aug 02 2011, 01:40

Yes Weenie, that does sound like a cunning plan lol! Razz

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Tue Aug 02 2011, 03:06

Hi gang, I just checked:

Themeasylum.com and Theme-asylum.com are both available. I like the second with the hyphen. But does it really matter? Question

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Tue Aug 02 2011, 05:46

I suppose it doesn't matter, but I like the second one aswell. Mainly cause the first is a bit hard to make out. If it was ThemeAsylum you could read it, but themeasylum looks a bit like mumbo jumbo until you looked closer. I'd say go for the hyphened one Smile

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Thu Aug 04 2011, 17:43

Revo2 wrote:
Hi gang, I just checked:

Themeasylum.com and Theme-asylum.com are both available. I like the second with the hyphen. But does it really matter? Question

Hi gang. I'm back home.

I'm cool with the choice. I agree the hyphen makes it more readable. SEO wise, the hyphen doesn't influences the search engines and bots. So maybe we better stick with that one.

The theme scroller doesn't behave like I wan't it too. So I'm going to try the flash one Revo suggested.
The "New theme" page is still in development. Lot's of code. I'm trying to make it extremely user friendly.
Back to top Go down
queenieweenie78
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Thu Aug 04 2011, 17:50

Hi DiD, welcome back.
Did you have a nice time?

I was astonished by the amount of progress you've made with Theme-Asylum, well done Smile

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Fri Aug 05 2011, 04:31

Whoa, did I just miss something? I don't remember uploading themes on TA? Or I did (hard day today). Anyway, looks amazing. Really amazing! Great job DiD! Very Happy hail!

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Fri Aug 05 2011, 05:39

Welcome back DiD, hope you had a fun trip. It goes by so fast doesn't it? Time flies after all when you're having fun.

I just sent you an email about the purchase of the domain name through your telenet email. Please let me know if that will work out for you.

Oh, looks like you're having fun experimenting with that scroller! Very Happy

Hi gang!

Color Schemes and site template designs...any ideas...are we looking for modern, tech, colorful, artistic... what do you think the kiddies would like to see or better yet you guys and gals like? Smile

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Fri Aug 05 2011, 17:31

Morning everybody,

since we called it theme asylum we can really go with it, rubber walls and lot's of stainless steel. Cool colours. I like blue and stainless, looks nice, with a bit of white to make it into an asylum. Or you could even go and make it a bit rusty and rundown looking, but that might be over the top.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Fri Aug 05 2011, 19:04

double post tongue

Had a look at TA. It's brilliant DiD Very Happy Every day you make a step forward, well done. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Sat Aug 06 2011, 01:53

Hi gang,

glad to be back and yeah we had fun in and around Bruges. We had nice weather, went to the ocean, visited a themepark and nice evenings. It felt a bit like going back to the middle ages. Having a drink at a terras, surrounded by buildings that are 300 to 700 years old.

Thx for the mail Revo. An answer is sent.

Yes I'm doing some experiments with flash scrollers and used some previews of your themes. Hope nobody minds that. The problem with some of the free scrollers is a watermark. The one Revo found has it too.

Please give feedback about things like Revo's questions. Just throw everything in the group. Your opinion counts too.

Oh and I've seen, Cawala is on this site too? Welcome then.

Back to top Go down
Revo2
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Sat Aug 06 2011, 03:27

hmmmm.....depending on how bad the watermark is we might be able to live with it. I mean if the watermark doesn't occupy 5% of the scroller then IMHO let them advertise. Razz

at weenie...padded cells and steel is a very interesting concept. Shocked Laughing

ASYLUM defined:

# Asylum (antiquity), places of refuge in ancient Greece and Rome
# Right of asylum or political asylum
# Church asylum or sanctuary, a right to be safe from arrest in the sanctuary of a church or temple
# Lunatic asylum, an obsolete type of institution for housing the "insane"
# Psychiatric hospital, a hospital specializing in the treatment of serious mental disorders

To help us get the wheels turning on concept for the theme colors and graphics etc...

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Sat Aug 06 2011, 04:13

I think I'd like something more futuristic for TA. Maybe something shiny like TRON. Or, dunno, just something to look futuristic and/or tech (shiny lines like on TRON on a cool looking motherboard-like background). But still, it's up to what you like.

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Sat Aug 06 2011, 05:05

Oh cawala is here? Hi, welcome Very Happy

I still think that we chose asylum cause we are nuts about theming. But futuristic could be good, you could mix stainless steel, white and some blue lights like in Tron?

Sounds lovely, DiD, we went to Europe Park once, in Germany. Don't know if you know it. Stayed in the Spanish themed hotel, was beautiful and great fun.

So is this watermark thing the thing you get on pictures on google somtimes so you can't use them?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Sun Aug 07 2011, 03:51

@QW: Yes I heard of europe Park. Never been there though. Maybe next year.

Well great suggestions for the look of the site so far. Metalic, futuristic, blue glowing dots and lines. That could look really cool together.
I'll try to come up with a first demo look in the next few days.

And thanks to Revo we will acquire our own domain name (URL) theme-asylum.com
A long with the main domain name, theme-asylum.info theme-asylum.net and theme-asylum.org will be registered, just to protect our main domain a bit.
Revo was kind enough to donate the required amount to register these for a year. A BIG thank you to you Revo.
Back to top Go down
Revo2
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Sun Aug 07 2011, 04:08

At QW is that Europa-Park? If so we went there often almost twice a year when I was growing up in Deutschland. wow small world.

No big deal guys and gals as I was telling DiD I want to help out the site get off on the right foot. Smile We need a good place for everyone to hang out after all...well besides NGM Very Happy

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Sun Aug 07 2011, 05:13

yeah DiD, great idea getting the other domains. Do they cost much money?

And yes revo, Europa-Park I meant to say. Since I've been living in England I've started talking like my husband. We went there a few times when I was a kid and then my husband and I went together. It's a really great park. I'd say better than Disney Land Paris. Did you go on the rollercoaster in the dark, the golf ball one? I kept thinking that I was gonna fall out. Really scary. Now, since my Arthritis I haven't been on any rides, even going over a speed bump in the car really hurts. I do miss it though. And the Swiss Bob, that was great fun.

So you grew up in Germany? With the forces? My husband and I played golf on a forces golf course once. Had to leave half way through the round to get some pain killers as it was time of the month, and they wouldn't let us back in, lol. I nearly got arrested over it, having an argument with a guard. Cause the Colonel said we could play. Very annoying, lol. Used to go to the air shows too, and big barbecues, with American music. It was really nice having you guys around Very Happy

Plus we used to get some very stranger pilots in our pub (used to run one). One bet my husband that he could snort tequila. Lol. Nutters they are, but hey, then you have to be to fly an F16, right?

Sorry for rabbiting on Very Happy

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Mon Aug 08 2011, 07:58

Yeah Queenie Loved growing up in Deutschland. More specifically Kaiserslautern but we also were fortunate to have been stationed at Monchengladbach and Dusseldorf. I have very fond memories of our time in Germany...so much so that I have to think twice about answering "Where do you come from?" Most military kids would say they were from the states but my family didn't grow up in the states we grew up in former West Germany. I left for the states when I went to College. Very Happy

Yeah, I liked Europa-Park and all the rides you mentioned Smile We also went to a couple of other parks called Phantasialand but I also liked another park called Holiday Park....I wonder if it's still running? They had a great water show with acrobatics and awesome stunts.

So you ran a pub? That's pretty awesome! What base was it near? Ramstein, Frankfurt, Sembach? The nice part about growing up in Germany was that the legal drinking age was 16. So going to the Altstadt and having some stupid fun with friends in Dusseldorf was my teens. LOL. We would pub hop and eat street food from the vendors. Man...now I"m missing giant pretzels and curry wursts and chocolate crepes and .....aaargghhhh memory overload. Hahahahaha.

Funny experience you had at the base. Yeah they have really nice golf courses for the officers clubs but yes also very strict rules for getting on the base at all times. Well, you remember how crazy it was back then and I guess even to now.

So now look who's rambling. entschuldigen sie mich bitte. Smile

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Mon Aug 08 2011, 15:06

It would be quite cool, what with being called theme-asylum if you could put a DS or a game character in a straight jacket Razz

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   Mon Aug 08 2011, 16:34

oh I agree ggirl, a straight jacket will be great Very Happy

revo, you won't believe this, our pub was in Homburg, not far from Kaiserslautern. We went there a lot to the Golden Nugget and the Hacienda. We were members of the video club for the forces too, hang on I sitll have the card, let me see...US Military Video they were called. And the Hacienda had the best spare ribs ever, buy one get one free, lol we were so stuffed and all the time those big cargo planes go over, they are so massive Very Happy

If you've grown up in Dusseldorf you might know my husband, cause he was in a very well liked Band there from about '92 till '98. Depends when you left. They used to play at the Beletage, and the big Irish Pub aswell. With different memebers they had different names, so with the bass player they were Black Limousine, the normal band was Strawberry Spring, and the guitarist by himself was Gypsy Dave, or Gypsy and the Thief. Not sure if you know any of them. My husband was the drummer. Nut, lol Very Happy

Yeah I remember those other parks too. When I was a kid Holiday Park was the one we visited most, cause it was closest, but I've been to the other one aswell, and Flamingo Land.

I can't for the life of me remember where we played golf. I think it was outside Kaiserslautern, but the barbecues and live music we attended were at Baumholder. Lovely big airfield there

The world really is a small place. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST   

Back to top Go down

NEW THEME WEBSITE WISHLIST
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nintendo Gaming Mania :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: