View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DiD
Admin
Admin

Coins : 2

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Sun Jun 05 2011, 23:07

A supporters task is to actively help out in the forum. They can also read and post in the admin section of the forum. It can be considered as a first step to become an admin.

I posted today about this, so I'll wait and see what happens.
affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://users.telenet.be/DiDDesign/
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Mon Jun 06 2011, 03:20

Oh, cool. Thanks for telling me DiD!

Let's hope something good happens in that topic! *fingers crossed*

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Coins : 1

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Mon Jun 06 2011, 05:04

I wondered about the supporter thing too, now I know, thank you Smile Like a Star @ heaven

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Thu Jul 07 2011, 21:05

Um, DiD, can I ask a small question? Well, not one, more.

First: Any replies in the thread you posted? Would be cool to have more admins, and, I still wouldn't mind if I wouldn't be one, cause you sure need help (and I also want to thank you for keeping the NDST alive - you seem to be the most active admin lately. So thank you very much!)
Second: How's your new site coming along?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Fri Jul 08 2011, 02:52

Except from Melody stating she wouldn't mind ggirl becoming an admin, nothing. Seems like NDST disappeared from the earths surface. When this continues much longer I'll quit too. Without a supporting site admin the site will die.

Yeah the new site. Didn't had any time lately to continue that project. I would really like to finish it, but I need some relaxation in the evening. For my job I'm programming 8 hours a day lately. It's a very busy period. I hope it'll slow down a bit. That way I can do some work for my new site. Did I mention the link to a test? It's a little slow for now (free hosting). Find it here. WOT World of Themes Remember, most pages don't work. But you can register already. I was busy recoding the punBB forum. The home page is actually a customized forum page. But it needs to get filled in. And it's summer now, vacation period too. So I'm a little less on the PC.
Back to top Go down
DiD
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Fri Jul 08 2011, 03:34

I see you're fast Gabby. Suddenly your avatar appeared on my site. Laughing

I'm coding in the news section of the frontpage. So don't get scared if something goes wrong on the screen. Razz
Back to top Go down
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Fri Jul 08 2011, 03:36

DiD wrote:
Except from Melody stating she wouldn't mind ggirl becoming an admin, nothing. Seems like NDST disappeared from the earths surface. When this continues much longer I'll quit too. Without a supporting site admin the site will die.

Yeah the new site. Didn't had any time lately to continue that project. I would really like to finish it, but I need some relaxation in the evening. For my job I'm programming 8 hours a day lately. It's a very busy period. I hope it'll slow down a bit. That way I can do some work for my new site. Did I mention the link to a test? It's a little slow for now (free hosting). Find it here. WOT World of Themes Remember, most pages don't work. But you can register already. I was busy recoding the punBB forum. The home page is actually a customized forum page. But it needs to get filled in. And it's summer now, vacation period too. So I'm a little less on the PC.

So, we (me, ggirl, revo and weenie) aren't the only ones who don't like how NDST is going on now, right? Dunno why the big boss doesn't mind the site anymore, but, I did saw him online once today. He's just playing visitor I guess. Oh well, we can't do a thing. I was shocked when TH said that only NDST could ban users, cause, that just sounds weird. A side needs more admins with admin powers, not just with the power to approve themes and edit posts (not even mods have such low power). Unfortunately, like I said, we can't do a thing.

Well, I registered, and, even though you couldn't work hard on your site, it still looks great already. And, no one said you have to hurry. If NDST will go down, we can still hang in here until you're done, so, no pressure buddy Very Happy. Oh, and, I can report some bugs by now, in case you need. Well done though. It's already amazing! Very Happy

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Fri Jul 08 2011, 04:18

Getting news from the admin forum to the frontpage works. It just needs a bit of css to make it look better. Anothe step is done. I just feel that the free hosting is very slow. How's that on your end Gabby?
Back to top Go down
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Fri Jul 08 2011, 04:24

Well, it works a bit slower than NDST, but at about the same speed this site loads for me, so, about at my maximum speed. Truth is, I don't actually mind since I'm used with slow speeds, cause my net is slow too (maximum speed is about 25 kb/s), but, other users might mind. Nevertheless, I mailed Weenie and ggirl, so, you might get feedback from them too (at least they have a faster net than me, so, they can tell you better about speed). May I ask a question? Am I supposed to see the "Approve Themes" area on your site?

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Fri Jul 08 2011, 05:58

Well, got to say it loaded pretty fast for me (took about 15 seconds)? ? I am on (up to) 10mb (90% of the time I get it too) broadband if that helps about the speed? I registered top Smile

Need to say though, I am getting more and more frustrated with Ndsthemes...people seem to want to bicker and not be nice? I want to log on but, mainly I dread it. Let me know when your site is finished Did as I will be there. Question If you need any help I will try in whatever way I can. I could rally the troops to your site.. bounce

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Sat Jul 09 2011, 02:15

Because of the free hosting, the speed goes up and down. When it gets a payed account, all should speed up.
I fixed the menu bug and applied a little style on the news messages on the frontpage.

What can be done to help?
1. We will need forum rules. A well thought set of rules. We will have the option to ban members for a certain period. Maybe something to keep in mind.
2. A site logo. Animated or not, It isn't necessary to have the letters of the sitename in it. Dimensions 180 x 60 pixels. Format .gif .jpg .png you choose.
3. What kind of uploader would be best? Flash , Java, ... any ideas?

Maybe you all can brainstorm over these and execute some things already. There's no rush to it.

I've seen that ggirl and Weenie also registered. Nice. Very Happy

BTW, did anybody heard something from Revo lately? I'm missing him around.
Back to top Go down
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Sun Jul 10 2011, 01:13

Well, guess for the 1st and 2nd points (especially for the 1st), we need to have a good, long thought. We need them to be right (especially the rules, we don't want to modify those every time we see something we forgot going on). As for the third, the flash uploader is the fastest (right?), but the jawa one worked well on NDST too (once Sad ), so, I guess you should add the one that's easier to install. But hey, it's your site, so, guess it's all up to you, right?

As for revo, gg said revo told her that he doesn't like how things are evolving on NDST, so, he gave up. I think we should e-mail him, he could do a awesome job with the logo.

Last edited by Gabbynaruto on Thu Jul 21 2011, 19:54; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Test)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nintendogamingmania.forumotion.com
ggirl
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Sun Jul 10 2011, 20:19

Just thought I'd answer DiD's question on his new site. I do tend to use Chrome and not IE (perish the thought). I do sometimes use FF though Very Happy

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Sun Jul 10 2011, 23:09

Well, I shall answer too. I'm using CometBird as my main browser. Right now, it is the only browser (aside from IE, which is a XP standard) I have installed on my computer. It behaves much better than FireFox (even though it is made out of FireFox's source code), and, so far, the only browser I've seen to compete with it is Chrome. I couldn't get used to Chrome's HUD, that's why I rarely used it.

Last edited by Gabbynaruto on Thu Jul 14 2011, 20:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color...)
Back to top Go down
DiD
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Wed Jul 13 2011, 05:32

You may use the forum on the new site. In the site feedback section is a topic to do so.
Back to top Go down
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Thu Jul 14 2011, 19:59

Made a logo using a Link drawing (the Wii U one) and the TR2N font. How does it look?
logo:

Last edited by Gabbynaruto on Thu Jul 14 2011, 20:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the color, plus, made a mistake :)))
Back to top Go down
DiD
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Fri Jul 15 2011, 02:00

Very nice job. I hope to see other submissions too.
I'll need another approach to build the new site. It's to damn hard to build pages with all the forum code in it.
So I'm going to build a site and connect to forum to that. Will be much easier for me I think.

And as a sidenote. I'm going to quit NDSthemes.com There's little to none communication anymore between the admins. And the site admin hasn't replied to anything for the last 5 weeks. I better put my time in building my own site.
Back to top Go down
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Fri Jul 15 2011, 02:34

DiD wrote:
I'll need another approach to build the new site. It's to damn hard to build pages with all the forum code in it.
So I'm going to build a site and connect to forum to that. Will be much easier for me I think.

And as a sidenote. I'm going to quit NDSthemes.com There's little to none communication anymore between the admins. And the site admin hasn't replied to anything for the last 5 weeks. I better put my time in building my own site.

Yeah, I think it will be easier like you said. Forums seem like a hard thing to transform.

And, well, me, ggirl and weenie gave up theme-ing for now. NDST doesn't seem like a place you'd want to be right now. I just go there to talk with ggirl, weenie and cawala. Maybe I should invite cawala to NGM and WOT too?

Anyway, made 2 more takes at the logo. Didn't liked the TR2N font too much, so, made 2 more logos, with the same picture, yet different fonts.
logo2:

logo3:

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Sat Jul 16 2011, 01:32

I can't say that I blame you for quitting DiD. I hardly ever go on there at all anymore due to lack of admin interest and such (not meaning you of course Smile ) It just isn't the place I know and love confused

Don't forget if you need any help at all, I will do whatever I can for you Very Happy Not sure what little blonde old me can do but, I will if you need me to hail!

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Coins : 3

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Sat Jul 16 2011, 02:10

DiD wrote:

Shame it has come to this DiD...really sad for the NOOBS and VETS that you're leaving the site. But then again the frustrations that you have are shared by the people who care for the site. Sometimes starting from scratch is the best move. The site has stopped evolving so I support your decision 100%. Wink

Oh, sorry for being gone guys...I was just sick of all the non-involvement and puffed up egos. I'm kind of glad DiD took a break from NDSthemes for a while because it demonstrated how poorly the site chugged along without proper administration. damn!

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Sat Jul 16 2011, 17:08

Come up with a couple of forum rules, been looking at other forums and adapting the ones I thought might be appropriate Very Happy Anyhoo here they are:

Do not spam or self promote in the forum.

This forum defines spam as uninvited advertisement for commodities, services and/or other web sites or posts with little ,or completely unconnected content.

Do not spam the forum with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc. Doing so is may incur a temporary or permanent ban.

Do not post copyright material.

Do not upload, attach, or post any copyrighted material which you are not free to redistribute. IE: Roms. Movies, Games Etc.

We do not allow nor accept posts relating to illegal activities such as hacking, cracking, warez, or spam.

Any posts or threads found in violation of this rule will be edited or deleted, and the poster warned or possibly banned; at the moderation team's discretion.

Be respectful to other users.

All posts should be courteous. However, you have every right to disagree with other members and explain your view.

However, you are not free to criticise, put down, insult, attack or otherwise belittle them or the community. It does not matter what power you have in the forum, you are expected to adhere to this rule. Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily, or permanently. This will be left to the discretion of the moderation team.

What do you think?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Sat Jul 16 2011, 17:45

Nice set of rules master! Very Happy (<- using color tag)

Just noticed that everyone is changing font color. Is it because that dark red was hardly visible? Well, anyway, modified the font color back to white, hope it will improve visibility Very Happy (<- no color tag)

V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Sat Jul 16 2011, 17:59

Glad you like the rules Very Happy Got to admit Gabby, the red colour does hurt my eyes.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Sat Jul 16 2011, 19:05

Well, hope the white text works better now. I'll still be using the orange text though Very Happy

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   Sun Jul 17 2011, 00:29

Ah yes... a message from Revo. I was missing you my friend. Glad to see you're OK.

And everybody is working hard I see. Very Happy

Good first set of rules ggirl. We will need some more I think, but it isn't the most urgent task for now. cyclops Keep an eye out though for more interesting rules.

Everybody, hold on to the logo job for now. I'm redesigning the website. The other one was to clean and cold looking. I'm also switching to another free webhost with almost everything unlimited. I needed better MySQL support.

The new url will be: http://dids.x10.mx/

Back to work now... I've got a lot to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011   

Back to top Go down

NDSthemes down Jan 22, 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nintendo Gaming Mania :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: