Share | 

Game Review: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GabbyZero
Admin
Admin

Coins : 2

PostSubject: Game Review: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time   Mon Oct 04 2010, 06:42

Man, what a irony. I made a anime review so far, but still no game review. lol!

Anyway, how about I shall start reviewing this game!

So, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. A very praised game, with lots of awards on every good gaming site. And who can blame it? Nintendo managed to make one game that would remain in the history for a very long time. So, back to the matter at hand! Ocarina of Time is a Action-Adventure game, with RPG elements. It was first released on Nintendo 64, back in 1998. After that, it was re-released for Gamecube (As Ocarina of Time - Master Quest) and Wii via the virtual console. It is also one of the launch titles for the Nintendo 3DS. Well, guess everyone knows these details, so let's just start the review!

Graphics
So, back in the N64 era, the "3D" revolution started. Mario appeared for the first time in 3D, so it was Link's time too. Mario 64 had a huge success yeah, but Ocarina of Time had a even bigger one. The graphics were so beautiful, and the explorable areas were so huge that you could've been left speechless. Well, even though the N64 can compete with today's graphics, at that time, Ocarina of Time was one of the most beautiful games.

Gameplay
OoT's gameplay was, and still is, one of the best. Take one piece of Super Mario 64's engine, add some modifications and you have OoT's engine. Nintendo did that, added the Z-Trigger, and made a amazing way to play a game. They also added the RPG feature. You can change Link's clothes, shield, weapon, boots, spells and the other objects. Also, this feature limits the way you can use a item, by making it unusable if you're in a different time. So, you can't just use the Fairy Slingshot when you are Adult Link. Oh, yeah, about the different time. In OoT, you can travel back and forth in time, in order to do some side-quests or something like that. I never actually traveled through time unless the story said I have to do it. But, it's really nice to play with both Young Link and Adult Link, and ahve a amazing story.

Story
I hope I won't spoil anything (even though I think the internet did this a long time ago). So, the story takes place in Hyrule, in 2 different timelines. You start as a simple Kokiri boy who has been sent by the Great Deku Tree to see the Princess of Hyrule, Zelda. That's after you finish the dungeon inside the tree. Anyway, Zelda gives you a quest: To stop Ganondorf! You accept and start searching for the "keys" to open the Door of Time. After you find them, and enter the door of time, you wake up 7 years older, with a really dark future, where Ganondorf took control of Hyrule. You quest now is to stop him! After you start the quest, you have lots of fun hours with the scary music in the Forest Temple, or have a hard time thinking how to get out of the Water Temple. But, as long as the story allows you to go, Ocarina of time has a really well made story.

Characters
The characters are well-developed, with a high variety of people, creatures, monsters or Kokiri's. The main characters are Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik and the Six Sages. All of them are well developed, and well looking. Nintendo has put a lot of qork in them, especially because each one of them ages in the 7 year time span (aside from Saria and Impa, who look the same).

Sound
Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game I played, and I was amazed of the sounds. The music really fits the scenery, the surround sounds are amazing, and the Ocarina makes the game even more amazing.

Misc.
Ocarina of Time has minigames too. The best one I played was the fishing minigame, which was really entertaining when I wanted to forget about the story. IGN said that other developers would've released this minigame as a stand-alone game, and I have to say it again. The minigame is so well developed that you may think you are playing a fishing game instead of Ocarina of Time. Bow to Nintendo because they included it!

Last thoughts
If you still have your Nintendo 64 around and it is working, but you still haven't tried Ocarina of Time yet, take your time and order it. I'm sure it is around the internet. If you don't have the N64 anymore but you still want to play it, wait until the 3DS is released and make sure Ocarina of Time is the first game you put your hands on! This game worths every single buck!

Graphics 10
Sound 10
Gameplay 10
Story 10
Impression 10

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nintendogamingmania.forumotion.com

Game Review: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nintendo Gaming Mania :: Nintendo Area :: Nintendo 64-